The IRA Gift (QCD)
Your IRA can provide a tax-smart way to make an impact with Cancer Research Institute now. The Qualified Charitable Distribution or QCD (sometimes called an “IRA Charitable Rollover”) is a great way to make a tax-free gift now to Cancer Research Institute and satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD), too.
How Do I Qualify?
The Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) offers multiple benefits for making gifts from your IRA.
- You must be 70½ years or older at the time of the gift.
- Gifts must go directly from your IRA to Cancer Research Institute.
- Gifts cannot exceed $100,000 per donor per year.
Benefits of Qualified Charitable Distribution
- If you don’t itemize your income tax deductions, a QCD offers all of the benefits of an itemized income tax charitable deduction
- If you are age 73 or older and must take a Required Minimum Distribution RMD, a QCD gift can satisfy your RMD without increasing your income taxes.
- You may direct your gift to a program or area of your choice.
- It is a wonderful way to create an immediate impact on Cancer Research Institute.
How Can I Make an IRA Charitable Rollover?
Contact your IRA administrator to request a Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA to CRI.
Make a QCD: Give From Your IRA Today!
To make a gift now through your IRA, simply type in the name of your brokerage and click the button below to go to your login page.
Information that you may need for the QCD is provided below.
- Legal name: Cancer Research Institute
- Mailing address: 29 Broadway, 4th Floor, New York NY 10006
- Federal Tax ID number: 13-1837442